How to create shortcuts for VS Code Workspaces with custom icons
April 29, 2020
Note: This is only for Mac, not windows.
- Open whatever project you want to create a shortcut for in vsCode.
- Go to: File > Save Workspace As...
- Save your workspaces in a new folder. I called mine vsCode Workspaces. (it doesn't really matter where, as long as you know where they are.)
- Go to the file in finder, right click on it and select "Get Info".
- Open your thumbnail image in preview.
- Copy the Image (either cmd + C, or go to Edit > Copy)
- Back in the "Get Info" window Click on the little file icon at the top left.
- Paste the new thumbnail image in with cmd + V.
- Now, drag your Workspace file into the dock and now you've got a shortcut icon in your dock to open a vscode workspace in ONE click.